Skip to main content
Make the most out of any wiki by using our free sister product,
Blendspace by TES
, to create interactive lessons and presentations!
Number the Stars Unit
Pages and Files
Add "All Pages"
Welcome to my WikiSpace on
Number the Stars!
''Ten-year-old Annemarie Johansen and her best friend, Ellen Rosen, often think about he way life was before the war. But it's now 1943, and their life in Copenhagen is filled with school, food shortages, and Nazi soldiers marching in their town. The Nazis won't stop. The Jews of Denmark are being ''relocated.'' so Ellen moves in with the Johansens and pretends to be part of the family. Then Annemarie is asked to go on a dangerous mission. Somehow she must find the strength and courage to save her best friend's life. There's no turning back now."
Follow the links below, or in the right-hand navigation for additional information.
- to introduce students to the history and themes in the book.
- to allow your students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the book.
- contains a slideshow presentation that sets the stage for reading the book, and three assessment tools.
- introduces basic themes and topics in the book (WWII, Nazism, German Occupation)
- additional websites to help you build a unit around this book.
- please leave your thoughts!
Lowry, L. (1989).
Number the Stars
. New York: NY: Bantam Doubleday Dell Books for Young Readers.
Use this custom google search to find more information on Number the Stars...
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"